Your Cleaning Preparation
Your Cleaning Preparation
Upholstery, Rug & Carpet Cleaning Preparation:Before we start the cleaning process there are a few things that should be done to help us clean in an efficient manner.
1. Remove all breakable items and any toys, clothes and clutter. You do not have to completely empty the rooms we are cleaning as we will gladly move, clean underneath, and put back any pieces we need to move. Obviously, you will pay less if we are not moving items. (Please see pricing for more info). We do not move large pieces of furniture ( like some sectionals, beds, pianos and entertainment centers, etc.) and will go over this with you prior to cleaning.
2. Carpets and upholstery should be vacuumed prior to us cleaning especially customers with pets. Dry soil and animal hair/fur is easier to remove prior to cleaning. If you do not have a working vacuum or just do not want to be bothered with it, let us know ahead of time.
3. Pin up any drapery where we are cleaning and lift any bed skirts
4. Place pets in an area where we are not cleaning. If your pets will be walking on the carpet after it has been cleaned, make sure to wipe their paws if they came from outside. The door where we enter your home is slightly open so please keep that in mind if you are concerned about your pets getting outside.
5. We need to be able to get our service vans as close to a front or garage door as possible. The machinery stays outside and the only things that come into your home or office are hoses and cleaning tools. Please move any vehicles that might be in the way. If a vehicle is in the garage that might need to be moved while we park in front of it, please move it prior to us starting the job.
6. Although we carry our own water, we may need to hook up to your outside faucet. If you do not have one or if it is in the winter and it is off, please let us know.
7. If cleaning in winter after/during snow, please have your driveways and sidewalks shoveled / plowed. We try our hardest not to track snow, slush and salt into your home or office. You can help us out by clearing your walkways and driveways of snow. If your driveway is icy or has snow you may need to reschedule your cleaning to a day when it is free of snow and/or ice.
8. To achieve the most efficient drying times in the winter set your thermostat to 70 degrees. In the summer set air conditioning to 70 degrees If you have a dehumidifier turn that on full speed or "constant run" and empty once or twice a day. Ceiling fans should be turned on high so that the air flow is aiming/blowing down at the carpet.
9. If planning a party or event at your home or office, please allow the carpet to dry overnight if possible.
10. Lastly, after all work has been completed the carpet will still be damp for a few hours. Be careful that you do not fall when walking from carpeted areas to hard surfaces (tile, hardwood, linoleum, pergo, and concrete) as the bottom of your shoes will be slippery.